Monday, May 16, 2011

Goodbye and Hello!

Pepper Ann left the farm this weekend. The farmer tells me that she went to a very nice group of ladies in Vermont to live on their sheep farm. Although Pepper was a Nubian (patooey!), she was a wonderful friend and a nice pasture mate. Pepper didn't go alone to her new home. The ladies also took Pepper Ann's daughter, Silver Dollar.

Pepper Ann and Silver Dollar got to ride in the farmer's Jeep to Vermont. They got to take a ferry ride in the Jeep across Lake Champlain (can Nubians float?). And they got to get in the new ladies' truck to go the final 1/2 hour to the sheep farm. Goodbye Pepper Ann and Silver Dollar! Have fun with the sheepies!!!

Then the farmer and her assistant (baby Emily) went further down the highway in Vermont to another sheep farm where the farmer picked up a new pet. No one in the barn is quite sure what this new pet is exactly. It's not a sheep... it's not a dog.... I don't think it is a goat... The farmer says it is a goat, but I have never seen such a goat with long hair like that. While I can get a little fuzzy in the winter, I have nothing on this little thing!

Here is a picture of the new barn thing. What do you think it is???


3 comments:

  1. I don't know what is is, but it sure has a lot of fur! And floppy ears!!! Heehee. Can't wait to find out!

    Tay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lucy, you are soooo lucky! Well, I know just what that is. It's an angora goat. And guess how I know?! Because my Daddy was an angora goat and he looked just like that, only bigger. I am a pygora goat you know, because my Mom was a pygmy goat. There is no Nubian in me. :) Anyway, I think it's extra nice that you have an angora friend and my lady wants to know if you will be selling the fleece. My lady is sort of fleece obsessed.
    ***Tail wags from Lucky Nickel!***

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo! You have a curly whirly!!!!!! It's cute!

    ReplyDelete